The Churchyard at All Saints East Horndon
The churchyard at All Saints is the permanent home to over 300 headstones dating back to the 1800’s. It requires constant maintenance, with volunteers from the Friends of All Saints Volunteering Team and the local community working tirelessly to keep the vegetation at bay.
When the new volunteering team was formed in 2021, the majority of the churchyard was hidden underneath decades of overgrown vegetation. After hours of back-breaking work and relentless determination, most of the headstones in the churchyard are now visible. Our work continues to make the entire churchyard accessible, and we aim to have all vegetation removed by Winter 2022.